Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wake up!

I am awake now. Big sleep. I think I have fallen in love with eye masks, I pretty much snugged into my sleeping bag, put the mask on and passed out for a good 9 hours. Feeling very refreshed!

Had breakfast with the two other girls in my dorm and a guy who is living in the house upstairs. Tea was yummy and not at all an English Breakfast! Also had toast and spicy rice. Option of watery porridge but I may wait a bit before I try that..

The other volunteers who are starting this week won't arrive til the weekend, so I have today all alone (tragic really!), but am going to be shown the nearer shopping blocks to buy a phone, toilet paper (have been instructed), water, and maybe a scarf as I need it for some temples next week in my orientation.

So far living out my tiny bag is going okay, there is a big bag of left behind clothes from past volunteers that I might be adding to once I leave to free up more room.

Hoping this afternoon to get to Askhram Dahm (possibly spelled wrong..). No cameras allowed, but supposed to be amazing, only built in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment